Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to normal life!

It's been a week since I posted here....... I am starting to look like a bad blogger! But hey, I had some stuff to do, because the girls needed new things for school, which started today!!!! YEAH back to normal life again! No, just kidding, we had a great summer, but after 10 weeks it's time to get back in the daily routine again! Both my girls are at the age that they absolutely do NOT want pictures taken on the first schoolday, so I'm gonna show you some other ones!

The first weekend we were home again, Henk decided that the garage door needed a new layer of paint, so.... he started sanding and we picked out a nice color for the door and the shutters besides the front-windows!

It doesn't really show, but it's kind of greyish-blue, a very nice color actually! The siding has to be painted to, but that's a big job, so Henk is preparing himself for that:-) We are thinking about an almond color, which looks nice, the neighbor has some paint strips so we could have a look!

And I have to show you all this lovely card..... I'm kind of ashamed cause I got this when we came in Holland as a "Welcome "home" card from my dearest sis Jeanet! And I completely forgot to show it here!! So sorry sis, but it's lovely and has a nice place in the living room!

Sunday night we had a bbq at friends, we had a great time, I didn't make a lot of pictures of the food, but..... about 20 of the gorgeous sunset! How about this one? I just love it and it needs to be scrapped!!



Speeking of scrappin'...... I haven't showed any layouts or other work in a while, which has to do with the holidays, I'm not much of a scrapper when everybody is home! But, I had some lovely pictures of my niece, great papers of My Mind's Eye, and I'm working on a mini-album. Actually, there are 2 pages completed and since the girls are back to school, and my job starts by the end of September, you must know what I'm going to do the rest of this week!!!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Enjoy the day!

8 comments:

Je@net said...

Ha sis, wat ziet alles er weer netjes uit! Complimenten voor Henk hoor!
En wat een gave foto van de zonsondergang, super joh!! Daar kun je vast iets moois mee maken!
En het boekje wordt vast super, sneak ziet er in elk geval al gaaf uit!!

Mireille said...

Het huis ziet er weer pico bello uit! En je zonsondergangfoto is ook heel erg mooi!

Anonymous said...

zo dat ziet er weer mooi uit hoor!!! die kleur vind ik ook erg mooi!!
alles verder weer Zijn gangetje?? zo gaat het natuurlijk en is ook wel weer lekker toch!! groetjes aan iedereen van ons uit leeuwarden

Anonymous said...

Jeanet's card looks just awesome. I can't wait to see more of your minialbum, but so far so good.

Anonymous said...

LOVELY CARD.. She really is the bomb card maker, right? love the sunset photo!

Cheryl Wray said...

I totally know what you mean about not being able to scrap while holidays are going on. I did NO scrapping at all over the Summer. Now that the kids are back in school, I'm hoping to get some done (I got over 700 photos in th email the other day, so I guess I better get to work! lol)

LOVE the sunset picture!!!

And the house looks great!!

scrappy jen d said...

Dear MArjo,

Your house loos so wonderful and I can imagine how nice the paint will look in real life. On pics it alway's shows a little different!
Nice card Jeanet made for you!
Looking forward to your LO's and other scrap-goodies again!
Big hug, Jen.

Birgit said...

Yeah, back to normal can be nice too! pretty card! Enjoy scrapping ;)