Friday, September 05, 2008

Mini-album and card

In my last post, I showed you a sneak peek of the mini-album I was working on. Well, it's finished!!! And I love how it turned out. All the pictures are from my niece Amilyn, 2,5 years old, either alone, or with one of my daughters. Unfortunately I didn't have any pictures of her with Henk or myself, so I definately have to go back to take those:-)
Each page has a picture on the left side and a poem on the right. This album was published in the latest Scrapbook Magazine (Dutch mag.) and my sweet sis Jeanet designed it. Most of the poems are from a fantastic site, Denny Davis. If you ever need quotes, poems, or page topper ideas, go and have a look there!
(You can click on each picture for a better view! The papers I used are by My Mind's Eye, Garden Party, Bazzill cardstock, buttons from stash and flowers unknown!)







I also made my second Christmas card..... lots and lots more to go:-) So I have to plan my time, cause there is another mini-album in the make!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

***

Edited 5.40 pm
Today I received some sad news, my dear "sis" Jeanet and her family had to say goodbye to her father in law. I wish them all lots of strength in the coming days and for the future and I'll be thinking of you all!

17 comments:

scrappy jen d said...

Dear Marjo,
I just love the idea of having a pic on the left and a poem on the right page!
What a cutiepie!
Just lovable!
Must be wonderful to have these princesses in your life!
The papers are so nice and what a sweet X-mas-cards you're making!
GREAT JOB and PROJECTS!
Can't wait to see the other goodies you are going to make!
Big hug, Jen.

Mazina said...

Heel lief miniboekje en de kerstkaart is supercute!

groeten
Mazina

Mireille said...

fantastisch albumpje!!!
ziet er geweldig uit meis!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love the minialbum, fabulous work!!!

Arianne said...

Ziet er heel mooi uit!

Enne.....gefeliciteerd met je baan!

Micayla said...

Wow what a pretty album, I cannot wait to get started on one for Emily!
Thanks for the kind words on my blog, so sweet of you.
Love that garden party paper, I am getting some of that too! But at the mo I am mostly buying pink, surprise, surprise!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi Marjolein, thank you for taking time to stop by my blog :) im loving your little mini albums, great work. I am Irish :) but my name came from a film years and years ago as im named after my Godmother, and her parents went to see a movie before she was born and there was an American-Indian girl in the movie named Marlou and they loved the name so much they named their daughter Marlou and then I was named after her :) long story but thought you might have liked to have known bit about where it originated from :) take care :)

Patty Tanúz said...

Great Mini Album and beautiful Christmas card!!! Kisses from México!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Zus!!!

Is een super boekje geworden; geweldige foto's en de gedichtjes zijn lief!! Terugkomen mag altijd hoor, maar ik doe ook m'n best om bij jullie te kunnen komen. Liefst binnen 2 jaar..
Kerstkaart is ook erg mooi geworden!!

Je@net said...

Ha sis, wat een gaaf boekje heb je gemaakt zeg! Helemaal toppie!
En ook je kaartje is weer helemaal leuk!

Anonymous said...

hello, beautiful mini album and card., it's nice that you start with chrismas cards.:)

MJ

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Wat een geweldig leuk boekje!!!! En je kaartje is ook echt weer een schatje hoor!!!! Je hebt de smaak weer te pakken!

Anonymous said...

totalling loving all of this .. WOW amazing and I love the colors tooo

~Nancy~ said...

Your mini album turned out so soooo cute.. love the colors and all details! XOXO

saffiertje said...

Hi marjolien, Aftr a while not stopping by, i found real great projects on your blog Well done job gril!
Love the mini!!!
Hope to comeby more often. hope you are okay!!!

scrappermimi said...

Super cute mini, love how you have pictures and poems...great journaling idea!

Christmas cards, I am so impressed.

Mireille said...

Ziet er weer super uit!

Het zat zo: Marco is gewond en Mike had een fikse verkoudheid. Die is vandaag weer naar school gegaan maar heb manlief nog een dagje thuis. Met Sven is gelukkig niets aan de hand...feewww... dit is wel meer dan genoeg ! haha