Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our trip to Holland!

You are warned, this is a very long post, with lots and lots of pictures!

This sweetie we met for the first time in 2 years.... 5 months old when we left, now..... 2,5 years old...... and she is so cute, so lovely..... and I miss her very much already!

My girls and my 2 nephews!

August 6th I had a "girlsday" and was supposed to meet this girl, Jenny, for the first time in real life! She picked me up, had a cup of coffee at my moms, and we headed to town, where we would do some shopping at the Duif, where I used to work! But, when we came there...... my sis was there too with two of her friends Marije and Tammie! Big big surprise! We had a fabulous time!

I wonder what Mireille thought when I saw her walking in the store, guess I looked very silly....... but boy, was that a big surprise!!! Love this very talented scrapbooker! It was great seeing you again sweetie!

This great wall painting was across the street, and it called out for a photoshoot, which we did so here's the "gang"! From left to right, Marije, Jenny, Tammie, Jeanet, Marjo and Mireille! We forgot to take one of me, so I went back later and have my own! Of course I did some shopping, but I haven't made a picture of that yet, so I will show that later!

Two days later, August 8th, my brother got married, here's just one of the many pictures!

And one of the 6 of us..... so glad we have this one!
A week later, August 13th, I met my friend Eliane again, she was still on holidays on the 6th, so we decided to go out for dinner at a Greek restaurant! Man..... that was great, we talked and talked, didn't order till after about half an hour...... laughed, ate, drank, and talked some more!!


This is what we had for dinner, everything from the grill, and it was delicious!

Dessert....... wow.......lots of icecream with fresh fruit...... so very very yummie! Eliane gave me a present, a gorgeous necklace, and silly me, I haven't taken a picture of that either, so be patient, I'll show you later!

Yes, more food!!!!! (did we do anything else but eat???) The last Sunday, Henk and me went out for dinner with my brother and his wife, to a Chinese stir fry restaurant (I don't know if that's the correct word for it, but I can't find it in the dictionary!) We stayed for 3 hours and had a great time, food was delicious, restaurant very nice and pleasant, and the company even more!


Monique, Marcel and Henk.

Monique and I had our food grilled on the grill plate...... ooooooooh boy, I wanna go back again, that was just too good to be true!

And then..... it was time to say goodbye again, very hard, so no pictures..... only from out of the plane..... by Holland, hope to see you again soon!



18 comments:

eliane said...

wat een leuk overzicht van 3 weken Holland...:))

Anonymous said...

Dat zijn nog eens leuke herinneringen om op terug te kijken. Jij hebt je zeker niet verveeld:)

Gr. JAcq

scrappy jen d said...

Dear,
What a wonderful post on your blog!
I enjoy every picture and I have been reading it for the sixth time, now....
Can't get enough of the fun!
GREAT CLOTHES you wore on the wedding!
Really like the blouse! Teh Greek food looks delicious....Was it in Leeuwarden?
Let me know: I have to go there end of august, so I want to treat the boy's.....

Big hug for all, Jen.
BIG HUG, Jen.

Anonymous said...

Erg leuk verslag Marjo en heerlijk dat je de bruiloft van je broer hebt kunnen meemaken en al die andere gezellige dingen hebt gedaan;)
groetjes, Carla

Anonymous said...

love all your pictures! glad you were able to catch up with your friends and family. hope you get to go back soon!

Je@net said...

Ha meissie, wat een supergave foto's allemaal!! Heerlijk om te zien hoe jullie genoten hebben die 3 weken!!

Dani said...

Fijn dat jullie zo leuke tijd hebben gehad, moet zeker zijn om gevlogen !!....gelukkig heb je veel mooie fotos !!
Lieve groet Dani

Jacoline said...

Hi, ik ben een dutchie in New Zealand. Wat een geweldige trip hebben jullie weer achter de rug. Goed om op terug te kunnen kijken, en ook weer fijn om naar "huis" te gaan.

linda loe said...

He wat leuk om te zien dat alles is goed gegaan en dat mijn pagina was aangekomen. Leuke impressie zo met de foto`s weer genoeg om te scrappen.
Liefs Linda

Jolanda said...

Leuk om te zien wat je allemaal hebt gedaan. Zo te zien was het een fantastische vakantie!

Mireille said...

Zo fijn om te zien dat jullie zo ontzettend hebben genoten! Nu maar gauw aftellen tot jullie volgende bezoek ;-)

Paula J Atkinson said...

Im so pleased you had a lovely time back home. Great photos, it will be fun to scrap all those.
Hope your back is much better by now.

Birgit said...

He Marjolein, Wat fijn dat je zo'n heerlijke tijd in Nederland hebt gehad. Afscheid nemen is altijd moeilijk maar je hebt nu tenminste weer een heleboel fijne herinneringen waarmee je weer even vooruit kunt!!

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Tjeetje, zo leef je er bijna een jaar naar toe, en zo zit je weer thuis met de foto's! Maar je hebt er volgens mij wel uit gehaald wat er in zat die weken!~Wat een boel foto's!!! En nu weer, hup, aan het scrappen natuurlijk!

butterfly said...

Lang geleden dat ik op je blog langs kwam. Ik ben weer eens aan het terugkijken en zag jouw reactie van vorig jaar. Wat is er intussen weer veel gebeurd. Koester je herinneringen en neem de draad weer op, succes en groetjes.

Mireille said...

so awesome to see your holiday in pictures! Great update! Thanks for sharing and it sure brought back some great memories!

*~SCRAP-GEK~* said...

WAUW! leuk om alles te lezen hoor en alle foto's te bekijken! vond het super leuk om je eindelijk in het echie ontmoet te hebben! groetjes marije.

D@nielle said...

looks & sounds like you had a wonderful time ! My mom was actually in Simcoe when you were here, otherwise I'd made her go over and say hi.