Wednesday, August 12, 2009

CrowAbout47 and Wednesday Stamper Paisley

This weeks, or actually 2 weeks, challenge at Wednesday Stamper is Paisley! I do love paisley, but don't have any stamps in that pattern, but.... still had some My Minds Eye patterned paper laying around and used that for my 4x4.

The stamp is from Crafty Individuals and the border from Art Journey if I'm not mistaking! The little corner punch is laying here for years, haven't used it since we live here, but I thought it would go fine with this!


***

This collage sheet from CrowAbout is no.47, so not up-to-date anymore, but I thought it was so funny, that I started to play!

The background is done with the glazing paint technique, which is in Claudine Helmuth's book Collage Discovery Workshop, a book I bought a while ago and I think it's totally awesome! After the paint was dry, I just started cutting the pictures, and placing them everywhere until I found the right compostion... And while I was doing that, a "story" was born........


Dwight commited a huge crime and had to spend years in prison. No fun at all if the prison is located across from the theater where for month after month the play "Little creative Soul Soars" played.. with the weirdest looking songburd playing the leading part and singing "The 101 Best Songs" ever.... Dwight was sick and tired of hearing the same songs night after night.... Too bad Dwight, you shouldn't have been so bad..........


So, that's what I've been doing today.... had fun with it! And I think I know what I'm doing next; I'm coing to make a cover for the CrowAbout works, they are all 5x7 and I have no clue where else I can keep them so they don't damage easily, and a cardboard cover sounds good to me! Maybe that's what I'll show next time!


Thanks for stopping by again!








12 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Your paisley 4x4 looks great, that's a sweet stamp of the boys and doggie!
~*~ Patty

Anonymous said...

Pretty card!

scrappy jen d said...

Meis...
Wat ben je heerlijk bezig!
Ik krijg er geen genoeg van!
Ga lekker zo door!
Veel liefs,
Jen.

Belinda said...

beautiful cards!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Cool artwork, girlfriend!

I only got mine done tonight, Im enjoying this fortnightly set of themes but it is just positively fabby to be able to create after work :0)

Je@net said...

Super leuke creaties weer meis!! Hartstikke leuk gedaan!

Audrey said...

Prachtig allebei!

Kay Wallace said...

Hi, Marjolein, I happened upon your blog today and, the minute I saw your ATCs, I signed up to "follow"! I hope you will do the same on my blog: http://kaywallacescrapbooking.blogspot.com/ I am in the Boston, MA, area. I am so excited to find another scrapper who loves ATCs! I plan to do a post on my blog about ATCs, but it is aimed right now at newcomers to scrapbooking, so I have to wait. Would love to feature some of yours when I do it! Have a great day!

linda loe said...

Je hebt weer leuke dingen gemaakt de afgelopen tijd.
Groetjes

Riet said...

Ohh wat is dat mooi,heerlijk is dat Marjolein,zo lekker knutselen.

Liefs Riet.x

Micayla said...

My oh my.........I dont like missing posts but i must admit that when I have a few to read I am normally like 'OH WOW' inspo overload! That is what it is like today, man alive you have been working those supplies girl!
I did the ladybird photo in Picnic, it is a free editing software thingy, just look it up on the web. I used a function called focal black and white. It is pretty easy too!
xx

kotilaiska said...

your paisley-card have lovely colours